75th Analytic Beer
|| Does Alena know about it?
| Time and place:
|| 4.1.1999, "Studentska" pub (5.00pm-9.00pm)
|| (100%) Jirka Hrdina, Ales Nekvinda,
Lubos Pick, Mirko Rokyta, Jan Rehacek
|| Tomas Schutz
- "3n+1 problem" - let f be a discrete dynamical system defined as
f(n)=n/2 for n even and f(n)=3n+1 for n odd. The question is whether
all initial conditions (positive integers) converge to the cycle 4-2-1?
It is supposedly unsolved and quite difficult. (JR)
- Various remarks about Diophantine problems (JR, MR)
- Is the maximal operator from Lp(x) to Lp(x) bounded for p(x)=2+x on (0,1)?
The norm in Lp(x) is defined as infimum of positive lambdas such that
the integral of |f(x)|^p(x) / lambda dx < 1. (AN, LP)
- 10o Staropramen, coffee, soda
- pork on mushrooms+fries, chicken nuggets, fried cheese, croquets, fries
| Pearls of the seminar:
- Rum, gentlemen, is quite a thing, as I have noticed (LP)
- I think that better way of becoming famous would be to get
naked and go to the main square (JR)
| Unsolved Problems: